Satan - Dark or Anti-light
Satan's character is dark because he is completely, and eternally, severed from God's everlasting Light.
- "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven..." (Luke 10:18 NKJV)
- How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! (Isaiah 14:12 NKJV)
- "...if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" (Matthew 6:23 NKJV)
- ...God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5 NKJV)
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. (John 1:1-5 NKJV)
- ...since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. (Romans 1:20-21 NKJV)
- The light of the wicked indeed goes out, and the flame of his fire does not shine. The light is dark in his tent, and his lamp beside him is put out. (Job 18:5-6 NKJV)
- Those who sat in darkness and in the shadow of death, bound in affliction and irons -- Because they rebelled against the words of God, and despised the counsel of the Most High... (Psalm 107:10-12 NKJV)
- ...the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. (1 Samuel 16:7 NKJV)
- The dark places of a human soul conform to the image of the devil. Nevertheless, even in fallen humankind, a divine spark glowers awaiting to be fanned by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.
- A warning here: The color of a person's character has nothing to do with the color a person's skin.