Shine the Light
This dark world must see evidence of Light in His children if they are ever going to know the true Light.
- "...I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." (Acts 26:17-18 NKJV)
- "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house." (Matthew 5:14-15 NKJV)
- Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation. (Psalm 40:7-10 KJV)
- For so the Lord has commanded us: 'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.' (Acts 13:47 NKJV)
- For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:5-6 KJV)
- But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. (1 Peter 2:9-10 NKJV)
- The first part of the commission above is "...to open their eyes, in order to turn them..."
- If we have "seen the light", it is our duty to shine for the glory of God, and to share the Light with blind souls.
- Marching in step with the Holy Spirit, and the Living Word of God, it is our task to testify in word, and demonstrate in deed, that God is still on the throne, and that man is ultimately accountable to Him. The world must see "what right looks like".
- The greatest thing a human soul ever does in the world is to see something, and tell what it saw in a plain way. Hundreds of people can talk for one who can think, but thousands can think for one who can see. To see clearly is poetry, prophecy, and religion, all in one. -- John Ruskin
- Don't curse the darkness - light a candle. -- Anonymous Chinese proverb.