Jesus Christ is The Light
The Holy Spirit convicts us unto repentance
- This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5 NKJV)
- "As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." (John 9:5 NKJV)
- "The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles: The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, and upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned." (Matthew 4:15-16 NKJV)
- In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. (John 1:4-9 NKJV)
- The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. (Revelation 21:23 NKJV)
- The work of the Holy Spirit
- And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. (John 16:8-11 NKJV)
- Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? (Romans 2:4 NKJV)
- For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death (2 Corinthians 7:10 NKJV)
- Every soul that walks in darkness is headed for sorrow.
- Either that sorrow will lead to despair, and eventually to death; or it will lead to a turning from darkness to light, from Satan to God.
- Jesus Christ is the only true Light that will cure the sorrow of the world.
- The Holy Spirit has His role: to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
- John demonstrates ours: "sent to bear witness of that Light".
- Oh, to be like Moses - whose face shone from being in the presence of God!