- Dethrone God
- Destroy all Creation
- Deceive the world and, if possible, even the Elect
- Divide the world, and especially the Church
- For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.' (Isaiah 14:13-14 NKJV)
- "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..." (John 10:10 NKJV)
- "...false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." (Mark 13:22 NKJV)
- But we, brethren, having been taken away from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavored more eagerly to see your face with great desire. Therefore we wanted to come to you — even I, Paul, time and again — but Satan hindered us. (1 Thessalonians 2:17-18 NKJV)
- If he could, Satan would sit upon God's throne in heaven. He tried, got kicked out of heaven, and hasn't attempted a direct assault on the sovereignty of God since.
- Failing that... he unilaterally declares himself ruler of this world.
- Dethroning God from the human heart is close enough for the devil's purposes. He doesn't have to rule personally, just deny God's rightful place.
- The devil does not have good intentions. He is not a misguided, misunderstood benefactor. If God did not prevent him, Satan would destroy everything in creation that declares the glory of God. All of it! Including you and I!
- Satan hides in Western civilization... in the Third World, he parades himself as the baddest dude on the block.
- The only universal unity that the devil ascribes to is one opposing Jesus Christ.